250 Pounds of Hemp Seeds Arrive in Louisville—But Customs Officials Are Leery
By KEVIN WILLIS | KENTUCKY PUBLIC RADIO
A shipment of hemp seeds from Italy has made it to Kentucky—but there’s a problem. U.S. Customs officials in Louisville have so far refused to release the 250 pound shipment to the state Agriculture Department.
While Kentucky law was recently changed to allow the growing of hemp for university-run research projects, federal customs officials are still leery of signing off on the seed shipments.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- New hemp mascot character Asamiko-chan appears in Japan
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.