85-year-old Houston woman fighting to legalize marijuana
Marcelino Benito, KHOU 11 News
HOUSTON – “I’ve always been pretty outspoken,” said Ann Lee.
At 85 years old, Ann Lee looks like anyone’s grandmother.
“I don’t know whether it’s my age, the white hair, what is it, but it does seem to strike a chord,” said Lee.
But don’t let the white hair fool you. She’s a fiery Republican who believes you have the right to use marijuana.
“It’s just me, I believe in this,” said Lee.
For Lee, it’s personal. She wasn’t always a supporter of weed. That changed when her son was bound to a wheelchair, and needed it to treat his condition.
“We realized marijuana wasn’t the weed of the devil which I had been known to say,” said Lee.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Ottawa takes steps to deregulate hemp farming
- Irish Government passes medicinal cannabis bill without vote
- Cambodia – Prospect for a budding industry
- South Africa on track to Legalize Medical Cannabis
- Puerto Rico Ends Cannabis Drug Testing in Public Sector
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.