85-year-old Houston woman fighting to legalize marijuana
Marcelino Benito, KHOU 11 News
HOUSTON – “I’ve always been pretty outspoken,” said Ann Lee.
At 85 years old, Ann Lee looks like anyone’s grandmother.
“I don’t know whether it’s my age, the white hair, what is it, but it does seem to strike a chord,” said Lee.
But don’t let the white hair fool you. She’s a fiery Republican who believes you have the right to use marijuana.
“It’s just me, I believe in this,” said Lee.
For Lee, it’s personal. She wasn’t always a supporter of weed. That changed when her son was bound to a wheelchair, and needed it to treat his condition.
“We realized marijuana wasn’t the weed of the devil which I had been known to say,” said Lee.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
- Canadian producers working to meet growing overseas demand for ‘superfood’ hemp seeds
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.