85-year-old Houston woman fighting to legalize marijuana
Marcelino Benito, KHOU 11 News
HOUSTON – “I’ve always been pretty outspoken,” said Ann Lee.
At 85 years old, Ann Lee looks like anyone’s grandmother.
“I don’t know whether it’s my age, the white hair, what is it, but it does seem to strike a chord,” said Lee.
But don’t let the white hair fool you. She’s a fiery Republican who believes you have the right to use marijuana.
“It’s just me, I believe in this,” said Lee.
For Lee, it’s personal. She wasn’t always a supporter of weed. That changed when her son was bound to a wheelchair, and needed it to treat his condition.
“We realized marijuana wasn’t the weed of the devil which I had been known to say,” said Lee.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Hemp Eyewear looks to high-end spectacles market
- Treating Your Allergies With Weed
- You can smoke pot in this creative writing class
- MycoBoard Offers an Innovative, Sustainable Solution for Building Products
- Farmers in Italy fight soil contamination with cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.