AG Holder willing to consider dropping marijuana from same drug category as LSD, heroin and ecstasy
DENVER – Friday nights are some of the busiest at the Citi-Med dispensary, where for the moment, only green can be used to buy green.
In the eyes of the Drug Enforcement Agency, Marijuana is categorizedjust like heroin, LSD, and ecstasy.
It’s why most banks won’t accept money from pot sales.
Yet there may be a shift by the feds in making marijuana more mainstream.
Attorney General Eric Holder now says he’s willing to work with Congress to possibly remove pot from the “dangerous drug list.”
“We’d be more than glad to work with Congress if there is a desire to look at and reexamine how the drug is scheduled, as I said there is a great degree of expertise that exists in Congress,” Holder told the House Appropriations Committee hearing Friday, the Huffington Postreported. “It is something that ultimately Congress would have to change, and I think that our administration would be glad to work with Congress if such a proposal were made.”
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- New hemp mascot character Asamiko-chan appears in Japan
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.