Amazon, Margaret Cho are developing ‘Highland,’ a sitcom about a weed shop
By, The Cannabist Staff
Comedian and actress Margaret Cho (Ethan Miller, Getty Images)
Amazon and Margaret Cho are getting into the weed business.
Rather, the commerce giant and the stand-up comic are developing a sitcom about the weed business — a show called “Highland,” about a dysfunctional family running a marijuana shop, according to a new report in Variety.
Cho will play a character coming out of a court-ordered rehabilitation facility who starts over by moving in with her character-filled family, who happen to run a cannabis dispensary. The show is being developed to run on Amazon Prime, the corporation’s Netflix-like streaming service that is already home to award-winning shows including “Transparent.”
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Nevada Athletic Commission considering removing marijuana as a banned substance
- Arkansas medical marijuana commission to allow 32 vendors
- Air Force Loosens Marijuana Restrictions
- Bill Walton wants declassification of marijuana as a Schedule I drug and for President Obama to grant blanket amnesty to offenders so everyone can “move on to the future.”
- D.C. Mayor Says City Won’t Target People Who Smoke Joints At Trump’s Inauguration
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.