Amazon, Margaret Cho are developing ‘Highland,’ a sitcom about a weed shop
By, The Cannabist Staff
Comedian and actress Margaret Cho (Ethan Miller, Getty Images)
Amazon and Margaret Cho are getting into the weed business.
Rather, the commerce giant and the stand-up comic are developing a sitcom about the weed business — a show called “Highland,” about a dysfunctional family running a marijuana shop, according to a new report in Variety.
Cho will play a character coming out of a court-ordered rehabilitation facility who starts over by moving in with her character-filled family, who happen to run a cannabis dispensary. The show is being developed to run on Amazon Prime, the corporation’s Netflix-like streaming service that is already home to award-winning shows including “Transparent.”
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- How and where to attend cannabis-infused dinners (and a cooking class) in Los Angeles
- Texas Cops Hit State Capitol in Support of Pot Decrim
- Tiny house builder branches out his hemp-crete business
- In California’s ‘Pot Alley,’ Agriculture Pivots to Marijuana
- Students and faculty at Penn State Behrend are doing research on using hemp as an additive to plastic.
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.