Amazon, Margaret Cho are developing ‘Highland,’ a sitcom about a weed shop
By, The Cannabist Staff
Comedian and actress Margaret Cho (Ethan Miller, Getty Images)
Amazon and Margaret Cho are getting into the weed business.
Rather, the commerce giant and the stand-up comic are developing a sitcom about the weed business — a show called “Highland,” about a dysfunctional family running a marijuana shop, according to a new report in Variety.
Cho will play a character coming out of a court-ordered rehabilitation facility who starts over by moving in with her character-filled family, who happen to run a cannabis dispensary. The show is being developed to run on Amazon Prime, the corporation’s Netflix-like streaming service that is already home to award-winning shows including “Transparent.”
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- New hemp mascot character Asamiko-chan appears in Japan
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.