As Alaska marijuana legalization nears, concern arises over possible delay in sales rules
As Alaska prepares for marijuana legalization, there are plenty of unknowns about what implementation will look like. But for supporters of Ballot Measure 2, one thing is clear: A strict timeline was built into the voter-passed initiative to guide rule makers and citizens through the legalization process.
Starting Feb. 24, personal possession and use of recreational marijuana will be legal in Alaska. That date also starts the clock on a nine-month countdown for the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board to begin crafting marijuana regulations.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
- Canadian producers working to meet growing overseas demand for ‘superfood’ hemp seeds
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.