Australia – Federal Govt lets $100m hemp industry plan go begging
ECONOMIC BOOSTER: Tiffani Brennan, business development manager and Paul Benhaim CEO of Hemp Foods Australia.Doug Eaton
The Legislative and Governance Forum on Food Regulation cited concerns that “ ’branding’ of this application as ‘low THC hemp’… could result in public perception that the drug, cannabis, is acceptable and safe to consume”.
This is nonsense, Mr Benhaim said.
“There’s already regulations in place to govern the growth of industrial hemp in Australia – all they have to do is allow us to use those seeds as food,” he said.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Hemp Eyewear looks to high-end spectacles market
- Treating Your Allergies With Weed
- You can smoke pot in this creative writing class
- MycoBoard Offers an Innovative, Sustainable Solution for Building Products
- Farmers in Italy fight soil contamination with cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.