California Lawmakers Give Up On Marijuana DUIs — For Now
Legalization is still in California’s future, but marijuana is occupying state lawmakers’ minds in the present.
About 20 bills that deal with cannabis in some regard were introduced in the Legislature before the deadline for new laws last month. These include the latest attempt at regulating the state’s billion-dollar marijuana industry, regulations of synthetic marijuana packaging and how much seized weed police can destroy.
But what’s not included, for the first time in three sessions, is a bill imposing criminal penalties for drivers with cannabinoids in their systems. After two straight losses, lawmakers have decided against crafting laws cracking down on stoned drivers — and this is a good thing.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Irish toddler back home after medical cannabis becomes legal
- Eddy Lepp free after long prison term
- Ottawa takes steps to deregulate hemp farming
- Irish Government passes medicinal cannabis bill without vote
- Cambodia – Prospect for a budding industry
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.