Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in West Virginia For The 1st time In 70 years
Morgantown, WV – The era of industrial hemp will come to West Virginia next week as hemp seeds will be planted legally for the first time since the end of World War II. Industrial hemp is a cousin of the marijuana plant (aka Cannabis sativa) with very small amounts of the psychoactive ingredient THC, but is still regulated like marijuana in the eyes of the federal government. The first planting of hemp will be in Morgantown as part of a West Virginia University research study that will investigate the plant’s ability to remove contaminants from the soil using a process known as phytoremediation.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Hemp Eyewear looks to high-end spectacles market
- Treating Your Allergies With Weed
- You can smoke pot in this creative writing class
- MycoBoard Offers an Innovative, Sustainable Solution for Building Products
- Farmers in Italy fight soil contamination with cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.