Court Rules Workers Comp Must Cover Medical Marijuana
By Sarah Fruchtnicht
An injured worker who was prescribed medical marijuana by a doctor will be covered by worker’s compensation, the New Mexico Court of Appeals ruled.
Gregory Vialpando claims he experienced severe pain after failed spinal surgeries to fix a back injury he suffered on the job.
He met the threshold for payments under workers’ compensation laws and his doctor recommended marijuana to manage his pain.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
- Canadian producers working to meet growing overseas demand for ‘superfood’ hemp seeds
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.