Court Rules Workers Comp Must Cover Medical Marijuana
By Sarah Fruchtnicht
An injured worker who was prescribed medical marijuana by a doctor will be covered by worker’s compensation, the New Mexico Court of Appeals ruled.
Gregory Vialpando claims he experienced severe pain after failed spinal surgeries to fix a back injury he suffered on the job.
He met the threshold for payments under workers’ compensation laws and his doctor recommended marijuana to manage his pain.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Why the Addiction Recovery Community Should Accept Medical Marijuana
- Survey: Majority of Police Think Marijuana Laws Should Be Relaxed
- Nevada Athletic Commission considering removing marijuana as a banned substance
- Arkansas medical marijuana commission to allow 32 vendors
- Air Force Loosens Marijuana Restrictions
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.