Court Rules Workers Comp Must Cover Medical Marijuana
By Sarah Fruchtnicht
An injured worker who was prescribed medical marijuana by a doctor will be covered by worker’s compensation, the New Mexico Court of Appeals ruled.
Gregory Vialpando claims he experienced severe pain after failed spinal surgeries to fix a back injury he suffered on the job.
He met the threshold for payments under workers’ compensation laws and his doctor recommended marijuana to manage his pain.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Ottawa takes steps to deregulate hemp farming
- Irish Government passes medicinal cannabis bill without vote
- Cambodia – Prospect for a budding industry
- South Africa on track to Legalize Medical Cannabis
- Puerto Rico Ends Cannabis Drug Testing in Public Sector
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.