Court Rules Workers Comp Must Cover Medical Marijuana
By Sarah Fruchtnicht
An injured worker who was prescribed medical marijuana by a doctor will be covered by worker’s compensation, the New Mexico Court of Appeals ruled.
Gregory Vialpando claims he experienced severe pain after failed spinal surgeries to fix a back injury he suffered on the job.
He met the threshold for payments under workers’ compensation laws and his doctor recommended marijuana to manage his pain.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- How and where to attend cannabis-infused dinners (and a cooking class) in Los Angeles
- Texas Cops Hit State Capitol in Support of Pot Decrim
- Tiny house builder branches out his hemp-crete business
- In California’s ‘Pot Alley,’ Agriculture Pivots to Marijuana
- Students and faculty at Penn State Behrend are doing research on using hemp as an additive to plastic.
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.