Cypress Hill’s B Real Talks Opening His Medical-Marijuana Dispensary, New All-Star ‘Mixtape’ and ‘Ultimate Stoner Lineup’
By Steve Baltin
Cypress Hill‘s B Real (whose real name is Louis Freese) has fame and money, but he still needed a lot of luck for his next business venture outside of music: a medical marijuana dispensary in Southern California’s Orange County.
The musician-actor-TV entrepreneur was one of six out of 630 applicants to win the right to open a dispensary in the O.C. It comes at a perfect time as he focuses on his Dr. Greenthumb world. The rapper recently took third prize for Best Sativa Flower in the Cannabis Cup in San Bernardino, Calif., and will be releasing The Prescription, a Dr. Greenthumb mixtape, featuring longtime friend Snoop Dogg,A$AP Ferg, AB-Soul and many more this week.
Billboard sat down with the Cypress veteran in his downtown L.A. studio to talk about his colliding passions of weed and music, what will make his dispensary different from others and hear stories on the greatest smokers he knows.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
- Canadian producers working to meet growing overseas demand for ‘superfood’ hemp seeds
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.