Dagga activists to host 4.20 celebration
Johannesburg – A party to raise funds for a legal challenge against dagga prohibition laws will be held in Johannesburg on Sunday, cannabis non-profit organisation Green Fields For All said on Saturday.
“This is the second year of our 4.20 party, a date ‘sacred’ to the worldwide cannabis culture,” spokesperson Julian Stobbs said.
According to Wikipedia, 20 April 20 or “4.20” has become a day of marijuana celebration, particularly in North America.
“We tap into a complete cross-section of South Africa, just as the plant does. It is truly a rainbow crowd of old young, black white, straight, gay, smoker and non-smoker alike.”
Stobbs said South Africa had a “huge, vibrant cannabis culture” with the plant being used for various purposes, including recreational and medical reasons.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- How and where to attend cannabis-infused dinners (and a cooking class) in Los Angeles
- Texas Cops Hit State Capitol in Support of Pot Decrim
- Tiny house builder branches out his hemp-crete business
- In California’s ‘Pot Alley,’ Agriculture Pivots to Marijuana
- Students and faculty at Penn State Behrend are doing research on using hemp as an additive to plastic.
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.