Eugene’s Elvy Musikka is one of only four recipients of federal medical marijuna for glaucoma
The first thing you notice about Elvy Musikka are her eyes. Behind a pair of leopard-print glasses, they are as thin as crescent moons. They’re dark and slanted, like she’s permanently squinting, which is a result of her glaucoma, born from congenital cataracts.
One afternoon, she sits on her couch and draws a long breath from her purple glass bong. That’s likely the second thing you notice: the wall-to-wall scent of weed around her. Musikka, 74, smokes a lot. What separates her from other pot users, even other medical marijuana recipients, is that her supplier is the federal government.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
- Canadian producers working to meet growing overseas demand for ‘superfood’ hemp seeds
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.