FBI Needs Pot-Smoking Programmers to Fight Cybercrime, So May Bend Drug Rules
Maybe just don’t smoke all of it.
Photo by LUIS ROBAYO/AFP/Getty Images
Catching criminals in the digital age is tough. For the FBI, keeping up with cybercrime, and the hackers from around the world that commit it, has required a new approach to crime fighting. It also requires a new breed of FBI agent—one that actually knows about computers. Frustratingly, those types of millennial programmers also like to smoke pot. And therein lies the problem, according to FBI Director James Comey. Here’s how Comey put it at the White Collar Crime Institute’s annual conference on Monday, via the Wall Street Journal.
…FBI Director James B. Comey said Monday that if the FBI hopes to continue to keep pace with cyber criminals, the organization may have to loosen up its no-tolerance policy for hiring those who like to smoke marijuana.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Hemp Eyewear looks to high-end spectacles market
- Treating Your Allergies With Weed
- You can smoke pot in this creative writing class
- MycoBoard Offers an Innovative, Sustainable Solution for Building Products
- Farmers in Italy fight soil contamination with cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.