From Brain to Beauty- the Importance of Omega 3 – Eat hemp seeds!
By Naomi Mead nutrition therapist
Dietary fat is starting to get the attention it deserves…and this time, for positive reasons. The old “eat fat, get fat” misconception is being quashed, as we gain a better understanding of the very important role that fat plays in our body. The topic of saturated fat and the unintended but potentially devastating consequences its vilification has had on our health is a whole subject of its own, and still very much a topic of hot debate.
Where all experts agree is on the undisputed role of omega-3 fats (commonly labelled “good fats”), and their wide ranging benefits. There are three types of omega-3 fats: ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), EPA (eicosapentaenoic), and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid).
These come under the category “essential” meaning that the body cannot manufacture them on its own, and need to obtain them through diet. ALA is found in plant based foods such as flaxseed, chia seeds, hemp seeds, walnuts and some green vegetables including kale, spinach and salad greens.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
- Canadian producers working to meet growing overseas demand for ‘superfood’ hemp seeds
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.