Henderson, Nevada medical pot dispensary fights site denial
By ARNOLD M. KNIGHTLY LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
A medical marijuana dispensary applicant in Henderson will have to seek relief from the City Council to open in its chosen location in what is one of the first-known zoning appeals in the new industry.
The Planning Commission on Thursday unanimously affirmed the denial of site suitability for Wellness Connection of Nevada in a decision that was as much about having city lawmakers interpret new regulations as it was upholding city staff findings.
Commission Chairman Michael Campbell said the council should be the one to address any code regulating the new industry because the appeal is a policy matter of the new law.
“This is the very first appeal we’ve had for the medical marijuana,” said Campbell, adding that the council is best-suited to interpret the law’s intention so soon after adoption.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Zone in downtown Eureka being considered for cannabis extraction businesses
- Hemp: Could it be the future of farming?
- American Legion Of Indiana Wants Medical Marijuana Legalized
- Should Women Use Marijuana Products While Pregnant?
- The German parliament (Bundestag) passed a law on Thursday that officially makes marijuana legal for medicinal purposes.
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.