Industrial Hemp Now A Legal Tennessee Crop
by Adam Ghassemi
A number of new state laws went into effect Tuesday, but one could plant a seed for the Tennessee’s future.
Industrial hemp is now legal, though the state Department of Agriculture which will oversee it has yet to establish complete rules for growers.
David Waddell, administrative manager for the department’s Consumer and Industries Services Division, has been working on bringing industrial hemp to Tennessee for some time.
Now the Volunteer State is among a few others to classify hemp as a legal crop.
“We’re getting in on the ground floor,” Waddell said.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Eddy Lepp free after long prison term
- Ottawa takes steps to deregulate hemp farming
- Irish Government passes medicinal cannabis bill without vote
- Cambodia – Prospect for a budding industry
- South Africa on track to Legalize Medical Cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.