Industrial Hemp Now A Legal Tennessee Crop
by Adam Ghassemi
A number of new state laws went into effect Tuesday, but one could plant a seed for the Tennessee’s future.
Industrial hemp is now legal, though the state Department of Agriculture which will oversee it has yet to establish complete rules for growers.
David Waddell, administrative manager for the department’s Consumer and Industries Services Division, has been working on bringing industrial hemp to Tennessee for some time.
Now the Volunteer State is among a few others to classify hemp as a legal crop.
“We’re getting in on the ground floor,” Waddell said.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Hemp Eyewear looks to high-end spectacles market
- Treating Your Allergies With Weed
- You can smoke pot in this creative writing class
- MycoBoard Offers an Innovative, Sustainable Solution for Building Products
- Farmers in Italy fight soil contamination with cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.