Jamaica – Development of Marijuana Industry Urgent says Minister of Finance and Public Service
Minister of Finance and the Public Service, Hon. Audley Shaw, says Jamaica must move with urgency to develop a medical marijuana industry.
He pointed out that exploiting the benefits of marijuana is “not about smoking a spliff” or “walking around with two ounces of the weed.”
“This is about building an industry of value-added products,” the Minister emphasised.
Mr. Shaw was opening the 2016/17 Budget Debate in the House on May 12. His presentation was made under the theme: ‘Partnership for Economic Growth’.
Citing other countries that have benefited from using the plant, the Minister contended that Jamaica is uniquely positioned to play a leading role in the medical marijuana industry which can create wealth for the country.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- New hemp mascot character Asamiko-chan appears in Japan
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.