Las Vegas City Council to consider medical marijuana licensing bill Wednesday
By JANE ANN MORRISON
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
(AP Photo/Ted S. Warren, File)
A 28-page bill regarding licensing of medical marijuana establishments in the city of Las Vegas remains a work in progress, but final decisions are expected at Wednesday’s Las Vegas City Council meeting.
On Monday, a three-member recommending committee discussed plenty of changes but passed the bill on to the full council for consideration as written, with the understanding it will be changed.
After the meeting, former City Councilman Frank Hawkins said his two major concerns are the restrictions on advertising in the bill and its failure to address compassionate care.
There is no language allowing a caretaker to go to a dispensary and obtain medical marijuana for a severely ill patient unable to travel.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- New hemp mascot character Asamiko-chan appears in Japan
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.