Las Vegas rolls out plan for medical marijuana businesses
By JANE ANN MORRISON
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
Taking a slow but steady approach, the city of Las Vegas has a tentative plan to handle applications for medical marijuana establishments in its own fashion. Not the way Clark County did it. Not the way Henderson is doing it. Not the way North Las Vegas is expected to do it.
“The tentative plan is to have special use permits before the Planning Commission with meetings in the month of September,” Planning Director Flinn Fagg said Wednesday. “Then it would be forward to the City Council in October. It would be about the same time the state will be reviewing it.”
Meanwhile, the Las Vegas Department of Planning will accept land use and licensing applications between July 8 and July 17, and has mandated that anyone who submits an application must attend a workshop. More information is on the city’s website at www.lasvegasnevada.gov/medicalmarijuana.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- New hemp mascot character Asamiko-chan appears in Japan
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.