Las Vegas rolls out plan for medical marijuana businesses
By JANE ANN MORRISON
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
Taking a slow but steady approach, the city of Las Vegas has a tentative plan to handle applications for medical marijuana establishments in its own fashion. Not the way Clark County did it. Not the way Henderson is doing it. Not the way North Las Vegas is expected to do it.
“The tentative plan is to have special use permits before the Planning Commission with meetings in the month of September,” Planning Director Flinn Fagg said Wednesday. “Then it would be forward to the City Council in October. It would be about the same time the state will be reviewing it.”
Meanwhile, the Las Vegas Department of Planning will accept land use and licensing applications between July 8 and July 17, and has mandated that anyone who submits an application must attend a workshop. More information is on the city’s website at www.lasvegasnevada.gov/medicalmarijuana.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Hemp Eyewear looks to high-end spectacles market
- Treating Your Allergies With Weed
- You can smoke pot in this creative writing class
- MycoBoard Offers an Innovative, Sustainable Solution for Building Products
- Farmers in Italy fight soil contamination with cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.