Legal weed can improve community health
First, the good news. It looks like the majority of our population is finally getting a grip on the reality of the failed war-on-drugs disaster and is ready to move on. Twenty-three states and the District of Columbia have legalized medical cannabis, a natural, herbal remedy, and several more are working on legislation.
Furthermore, new evidence shows that cannabis can be a safe and effective alternative to pharmaceutical drugs, which can have dangerous or deadly consequences. The National Cancer Institute, the U.S. government’s principal agency for cancer research, has reported that molecules found in cannabis kill breast and lung cancers in lab tests.
Two new studies claim that legalizing medical cannabis could be a lifesaver, especially for certain demographic groups. Suicide rates are down in states with legal medical cannabis. Traffic fatalities decrease between 8 percent and 11 percent in states where cannabis is legal. Highway fatalities in Colorado are said to be at near-historic lows since cannabis legalization.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
- Canadian producers working to meet growing overseas demand for ‘superfood’ hemp seeds
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.