Legalizing marijuana: Police officers speak out
We conduct a fair number of member surveys and polls here on PoliceOne — some of which produce relatively-predictable results. There are occasions, however, where we’re thoroughly and completely surprised by the vote tally. This, as you may have already figured out, is one of those occasions. We asked, “Should pot be legal?” and of the roughly 1,700 respondents (at the time this column posts to PoliceOne), a full 44 percent said either ‘Yes, that’s where we’re headed.’ or ‘Maybe, depending on specifics.’ The other 56 percent came down on the side of either ‘No, legalization is a bad idea.’ or ‘Are you high? Of course not!’
That 12 percent margin may seem to be a wide chasm, but compared to a somewhat similar poll conducted here on PoliceOne about two-and-a-half years ago, the split was far smaller — there was a margin somewhere along the lines of a 64-36 in that poll back in 2009.
Read complete article here:
Hemp Can Save the Planet
Hemp Can Save the World
- Jamaica approves legal marijuana bill
- Major California newspapers evolve on marijuana
- Medical marijuana vapour room set to serve veterans with PTSD
- Oregon marijuana growers vie for real estate as they prepare for recreational market
- 85,000 Sign Petition to Help Father Who Gave Cancer-Stricken Daughter Medicinal Cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.