Major shift: CA Democrats’ proposed platform plank calls for full legalization of pot
With proponents arguing that it could put billions into state coffers and provide crucial jobs, California Democrats on Sunday will move to insert a plank in their party platform calling to “support the legalization, regulation and taxation of pot in a manner similar to that of tobacco or alcohol,” the Chronicle has learned.
The proposed platform change comes as 3,000 California Democrats met this weekend at a 3-day convention in Los Angeles, where they heard an appeal Saturday by CalifonriaLt. Gov Gavin Newsom on the issue. The former San Francisco mayor argued to Democrats that — as with same sex marriage — the state should be leading, and not following, on a key issue which polls show now has gained marked support among Americans.
One Comment to “Major shift: CA Democrats’ proposed platform plank calls for full legalization of pot”
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Why the Addiction Recovery Community Should Accept Medical Marijuana
- Survey: Majority of Police Think Marijuana Laws Should Be Relaxed
- Nevada Athletic Commission considering removing marijuana as a banned substance
- Arkansas medical marijuana commission to allow 32 vendors
- Air Force Loosens Marijuana Restrictions
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.