Making Over Marijuana: How Pot Shops Are Getting a Smokin’ New Look
By Lauren Bans
As pot’s reputation shifts, the appearance of the dispensaries where it’s sold is changing too.
“The reality is that someday soon cannabis will be normal retail next to Starbucks or a yogurt shop,” says Megan Stone, a 30-year-old interior designer who has run the High Road Design Studio in Phoenix, Arizona, which specializes in dispensaries, since 2013. Dispensaries looking to attract a less grungy class of clientele turn to professionals like Stone to change their image, but just by being herself, Stone is already helping the rebranding: “Look at me. I’m not the typical marijuana smoker,” she says.” I’m a woman. I’m young. I’m starting something kind of trendy.”
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Zone in downtown Eureka being considered for cannabis extraction businesses
- Hemp: Could it be the future of farming?
- American Legion Of Indiana Wants Medical Marijuana Legalized
- Should Women Use Marijuana Products While Pregnant?
- The German parliament (Bundestag) passed a law on Thursday that officially makes marijuana legal for medicinal purposes.
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.