Minister’s daughter: Cannabis ‘a gift from God’
By Stephanie Smith, CNN
Aimee Curry recalls sitting on her couch one day, her back contorted, as spasms — remnants of a car accident that almost killed her in 1992 — rippled up and down her back.
A friend who had been visiting that day left, saying she would bring back some medication. “She came back with pot,” said Curry, who says at first she was aghast.
“I was like, ‘I can’t smoke that, my daddy said no,'” said Curry, 39, whose father is an ordained minister. “‘I can’t do that, it’s bad.'”
“But I was in so much pain, and they were promising me, ‘Aimee, this will take the pain away.'”
Curry ignored the preaching voice in her head and tried the marijuana. Soon after she mastered the inhale, she says, her back muscles relaxed. Her pain did not melt away — it still hurt when she finally got up from the couch — but, Curry said, “I didn’t care.”
“It states in the Bible not to abuse a drug, it doesn’t say you can’t use it,” said Curry. “If you ask me, cannabis is a gift from God.”
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Why the Addiction Recovery Community Should Accept Medical Marijuana
- Survey: Majority of Police Think Marijuana Laws Should Be Relaxed
- Nevada Athletic Commission considering removing marijuana as a banned substance
- Arkansas medical marijuana commission to allow 32 vendors
- Air Force Loosens Marijuana Restrictions
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.