Nebraska – Industrial hemp: Overwhelming support in Legislature
by Danae Lenz
Nebraska’s lawmakers rallied behind legislation that would make industrial hemp the newest among Nebraska’s crops.
The bill – LB1001 – advanced 32-1 on Wednesday, March 5.
The bill’s sponsor, Sen. Norman Wallman of Cortland, said on Friday that the bill is a great way for Nebraska to further its name as an agriculture state. He cited many benefits of hemp, including the fact that it uses less water than traditional Nebraska crops such as corn.
It is also biodegradable.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Irish toddler back home after medical cannabis becomes legal
- Eddy Lepp free after long prison term
- Ottawa takes steps to deregulate hemp farming
- Irish Government passes medicinal cannabis bill without vote
- Cambodia – Prospect for a budding industry
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.