Nebraska – Industrial hemp: Overwhelming support in Legislature
by Danae Lenz
Nebraska’s lawmakers rallied behind legislation that would make industrial hemp the newest among Nebraska’s crops.
The bill – LB1001 – advanced 32-1 on Wednesday, March 5.
The bill’s sponsor, Sen. Norman Wallman of Cortland, said on Friday that the bill is a great way for Nebraska to further its name as an agriculture state. He cited many benefits of hemp, including the fact that it uses less water than traditional Nebraska crops such as corn.
It is also biodegradable.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Students and faculty at Penn State Behrend are doing research on using hemp as an additive to plastic.
- George Clinton: Doctor Funkenstein’s New Prescription (Cannabis)
- Cannabis products heading to Middlemore Hospital
- Cannabis Legislation 2017: We’re Tracking All Legalization Bills
- Cannabis Chapel the perfect site for couple’s Las Vegas ‘weed-ing’
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.