Nevada – Petition drive launches to legalize all marijuana use
By Lauren Rozyla, Reporter
A coalition aimed at legalizing all marijuana use in Nevada launched a petition drive Tuesday in hopes of collecting more than 100,000 signatures.
State Senator Tick Segerblom and Joe Brezny, the former Republican Senate Caucus executive director, kicked off the drive by being the first to sign the petition. Their goal is to get enough signatures that support ending marijuana prohibition in Nevada. Both men are part of the Coalition to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol.
Advocates say they’re confident public perception has changed enough to get marijuana legalized.
“These people aren’t potheads. These people are trying to heal themselves,” said Adam Sternberg with Compassion Nevada.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- How and where to attend cannabis-infused dinners (and a cooking class) in Los Angeles
- Texas Cops Hit State Capitol in Support of Pot Decrim
- Tiny house builder branches out his hemp-crete business
- In California’s ‘Pot Alley,’ Agriculture Pivots to Marijuana
- Students and faculty at Penn State Behrend are doing research on using hemp as an additive to plastic.
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.