Nevada – There’s gold in that green marijuana
Ray Hagar, RGJ
(Photo: Liz Margerum/RGJ )
There’s a new gold rush in Nevada, all centered around a green plant.
Sometime in the spring of 2015, Nevada’s medical marijuana industry will be open for business. Doctors say medical marijuana will help patients with cancer, chronic pain, post-traumatic stress disorder and other ailments.
Others see the green in a different light. The marijuana business offers excellent potential for profit, so much so that it has attracted the rich and famous of Nevada.
“There are a lot of people who are savvy business people who see this as an opportunity to make money,” said Pete Krueger, president of the Nevada Medical Marijuana Association, a business group. “And God bless them, that’s the American way.”
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- How and where to attend cannabis-infused dinners (and a cooking class) in Los Angeles
- Texas Cops Hit State Capitol in Support of Pot Decrim
- Tiny house builder branches out his hemp-crete business
- In California’s ‘Pot Alley,’ Agriculture Pivots to Marijuana
- Students and faculty at Penn State Behrend are doing research on using hemp as an additive to plastic.
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.