New Colorado Law Establishes State-run Marijuana Banking Co-ops
Posted by: : Paul Ebeling
Friday, Colorado’s governor signed into law a measure to create the nation’s 1st state-run Marijuana financial cooperative, potentially giving newly legalized Cannabis vendors access to banking services through the US Federal Reserve system.
The bill signed by Governor John Hickenlooper permits the creation of so-called “Cannabis Co-ops” similar to credit unions without deposit insurance, which will be governed by the state’s financial services commissioner.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
- Canadian producers working to meet growing overseas demand for ‘superfood’ hemp seeds
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.