New Colorado Law Establishes State-run Marijuana Banking Co-ops
Posted by: : Paul Ebeling
Friday, Colorado’s governor signed into law a measure to create the nation’s 1st state-run Marijuana financial cooperative, potentially giving newly legalized Cannabis vendors access to banking services through the US Federal Reserve system.
The bill signed by Governor John Hickenlooper permits the creation of so-called “Cannabis Co-ops” similar to credit unions without deposit insurance, which will be governed by the state’s financial services commissioner.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Eddy Lepp free after long prison term
- Ottawa takes steps to deregulate hemp farming
- Irish Government passes medicinal cannabis bill without vote
- Cambodia – Prospect for a budding industry
- South Africa on track to Legalize Medical Cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.