New Study: Marijuana Compound Found to Prevent Blindness
Among the many benefits of marijuana, such as its ability to inhibit cancer growth and halt seizures, the treatment of glaucoma has been long-standing and widely accepted. Well, a new study indicates the herb could also work to prevent blindness from another eye disease—retinitis pigmentosa.
Retinitis pigmentosa is a condition that destroys the light sensors of the eye. This degenerative condition acts on the millions of microscopic photoreceptors and can lead to blindness. Currently, there is no known solution. But in this most recent study, researchers made headway in establishing cannabis as a potential treatment.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- New hemp mascot character Asamiko-chan appears in Japan
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.