NFL lineman gives $10k to marijuana research, urges league to match donation
Current NFL star Eugene Monroe is leading the league in medical marijuana advocacy.
The Baltimore Ravens lineman took to Twitter on Monday urging fellow players and commissioner Roger Goodell to match a $10,000 donation towards marijuana research,ESPN reports.
In a series of over 30 tweets, the impassioned defensive player advocated for medical research on cannabinoids, the therapeutic medicinal compounds found in marijuana that have been clinically proven to be effective against extensive brain trauma. Earlier that day, an NFL official admitted for the first time that there is a link between playing football and the devastating brain disorder known as chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE).
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
- Canadian producers working to meet growing overseas demand for ‘superfood’ hemp seeds
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.