Oklahoma Sen. Connie Johnson unveils recreational marijuana petition
By: Christine VanTimmeren, Primetime Reporter
Oklahoma could soon become the third state in the nation, behind Colorado and Washington, to legalize recreational marijuana. A petition filed by Democratic State Senator Connie Johnson on Friday would make one ounce or less of marijuana legal.
“Here it is,” said Sen. Johnson. “It’s time for us to get up, get fired up, literally, and let’s go.” Supporters of Sen. Johnson’s Marijuana Legalization Act cheered in front of her at the State Capitol Friday afternoon.
Sen. Johnson says it’s about time Oklahoma updated its marijuana policies. She says prohibition didn’t work for alcohol and it’s not working for marijuana.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Hemp Eyewear looks to high-end spectacles market
- Treating Your Allergies With Weed
- You can smoke pot in this creative writing class
- MycoBoard Offers an Innovative, Sustainable Solution for Building Products
- Farmers in Italy fight soil contamination with cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.