‘Parks & Rec’ star Adam Scott to make Denver-set pot sitcom ‘Buds’ for NBC
By, The Cannabist Staff
It’s official: Marijuana is going media mainstream, ie network television.
NBC might soon have a sitcom on its schedule set inside a Denver pot shop, according tomultiple reports. And with the announcement of “Buds” — from creative team Adam Scott (from the network’s near-death “Parks & Recreation”) and Joe Mande (a comic, writer andTwitter phenom) — cannabis has broached a different aspect of mainstream media.
Yes, there are the docu-series and reality showsand documentaries that have tracked Colorado’s historic implementation of legal pot. But “Buds” sounds like a traditional network TV sitcom, and its premise — the day-to-day happenings inside a legal marijuana shop in Denver — certainly has potential.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- New hemp mascot character Asamiko-chan appears in Japan
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.