Rep. Simpson files Bill to Repeal Marijuana Prohibition Read more: The Gilmer Mirror – Rep Simpson files Bill to Repeal Marijuana Prohibition
AUSTIN — Rep. David Simpson (R-Longview) on Monday filed House Bill 2165 (http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/history.aspx?LegSess=84R&Bill=HB2165) to strike all references to marijuana offenses from the Texas statutes. This represents a comprehensive repeal of marijuana prohibition in Texas.
“We can’t fix all of the past wrongs caused by prohibition, but at least we can stop perpetuating them,” said Representative Simpson.
This is perhaps the first bill of its kind in the nation that proposes to simply undo prohibition and avoid the big government approach taken in other states that basically re-regulate the plant.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Nevada Athletic Commission considering removing marijuana as a banned substance
- Arkansas medical marijuana commission to allow 32 vendors
- Air Force Loosens Marijuana Restrictions
- Bill Walton wants declassification of marijuana as a Schedule I drug and for President Obama to grant blanket amnesty to offenders so everyone can “move on to the future.”
- D.C. Mayor Says City Won’t Target People Who Smoke Joints At Trump’s Inauguration
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.