Rep. Simpson files Bill to Repeal Marijuana Prohibition Read more: The Gilmer Mirror – Rep Simpson files Bill to Repeal Marijuana Prohibition
AUSTIN — Rep. David Simpson (R-Longview) on Monday filed House Bill 2165 (http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/history.aspx?LegSess=84R&Bill=HB2165) to strike all references to marijuana offenses from the Texas statutes. This represents a comprehensive repeal of marijuana prohibition in Texas.
“We can’t fix all of the past wrongs caused by prohibition, but at least we can stop perpetuating them,” said Representative Simpson.
This is perhaps the first bill of its kind in the nation that proposes to simply undo prohibition and avoid the big government approach taken in other states that basically re-regulate the plant.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Hemp Eyewear looks to high-end spectacles market
- Treating Your Allergies With Weed
- You can smoke pot in this creative writing class
- MycoBoard Offers an Innovative, Sustainable Solution for Building Products
- Farmers in Italy fight soil contamination with cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.