Rep. Simpson files Bill to Repeal Marijuana Prohibition Read more: The Gilmer Mirror – Rep Simpson files Bill to Repeal Marijuana Prohibition
AUSTIN — Rep. David Simpson (R-Longview) on Monday filed House Bill 2165 (http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/history.aspx?LegSess=84R&Bill=HB2165) to strike all references to marijuana offenses from the Texas statutes. This represents a comprehensive repeal of marijuana prohibition in Texas.
“We can’t fix all of the past wrongs caused by prohibition, but at least we can stop perpetuating them,” said Representative Simpson.
This is perhaps the first bill of its kind in the nation that proposes to simply undo prohibition and avoid the big government approach taken in other states that basically re-regulate the plant.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
- Canadian producers working to meet growing overseas demand for ‘superfood’ hemp seeds
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.