THC In Cannabis Has Potential Therapeutic Effects On Alzheimer’s Disease
by T Goodman
“THC is known to be a potent antioxidant with neuroprotective properties, but this is the first report that the compound directly affects Alzheimer’s pathology by decreasing amyloid beta levels, inhibiting its aggregation, and enhancing mitochondrial function,” said lead author of the study, Chuanhai Cao.
Dr. Cao reported that the concentrations of THC used in the study were at the nanomolar (10-9) level, a level so low it would not cause any adverse effects.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Ottawa takes steps to deregulate hemp farming
- Irish Government passes medicinal cannabis bill without vote
- Cambodia – Prospect for a budding industry
- South Africa on track to Legalize Medical Cannabis
- Puerto Rico Ends Cannabis Drug Testing in Public Sector
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.