The Health Benefits of Hemp Food
by: Rita Teglas
Recently, more and more hemp products have reached the shelves of health food shops. The idea of consuming hemp might be surprising to some people, since hemp is actually a form of Cannabis sativa. It is not the same thing as marijuana, however. It is believed that hemp plants are actually very healthy. The controversial plant contains a complex plant protein with nine essential amino-acids. Hemp plants also contain healthy fats, such as Omega-3 (alpha-linolenic acid). The Omega-3 fats are well known for their help in the decrease of inflammation. Omega-3 also has beneficial effects on decreasing blood pressure. Other nutrients which can be found in hemp products are: iron, phosphorus, magnesium and fiber.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- New hemp mascot character Asamiko-chan appears in Japan
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.