The Internet’s First Sale Ever Was a Bag of Marijuana
BY BARRY BARD
In honor of #TBT, Marijuana.com features a slice of hemp history on every Thursday.
Before the Silk Road and BitCoin were around to help facilitate online drug deals, finding drugs on the world-wide web wasn’t so easy. However, online drug transactions date much further back than you’d expect.
A recent article on The Guardian points out that some smart college kids in the early 70s (over 40 years ago) at Stanford and MIT enacted what was likely the first online transaction. Oddly and hilariously enough, the exchange between the brainiacs was for a big old sack of bud.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Irish toddler back home after medical cannabis becomes legal
- Eddy Lepp free after long prison term
- Ottawa takes steps to deregulate hemp farming
- Irish Government passes medicinal cannabis bill without vote
- Cambodia – Prospect for a budding industry
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.