The Internet’s First Sale Ever Was a Bag of Marijuana
BY BARRY BARD
In honor of #TBT, Marijuana.com features a slice of hemp history on every Thursday.
Before the Silk Road and BitCoin were around to help facilitate online drug deals, finding drugs on the world-wide web wasn’t so easy. However, online drug transactions date much further back than you’d expect.
A recent article on The Guardian points out that some smart college kids in the early 70s (over 40 years ago) at Stanford and MIT enacted what was likely the first online transaction. Oddly and hilariously enough, the exchange between the brainiacs was for a big old sack of bud.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Why the Addiction Recovery Community Should Accept Medical Marijuana
- Survey: Majority of Police Think Marijuana Laws Should Be Relaxed
- Nevada Athletic Commission considering removing marijuana as a banned substance
- Arkansas medical marijuana commission to allow 32 vendors
- Air Force Loosens Marijuana Restrictions
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.