The Netherlands Just Did Something to Fight Its Drug Problem That the U.S. Would Never Do
By Eileen Shim
In the past week, Amsterdam has undertaken a citywide campaign to inform people about the white heroin on the market — and to reassure them they can seek medical assistance without fear of police reprisal.
This is in line with Dutch drug law, which prioritizes providing aid over stigmatizing drug use.
“The Dutch approach allows authorities to have a frank dialogue with drug users when new dangers arise, like the fake cocaine,” reports the Washington Post. “Drug users there aren’t thought of as criminals, as in the U.S., but rather as normal people engaging in unhealthy behavior.”
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Eddy Lepp free after long prison term
- Ottawa takes steps to deregulate hemp farming
- Irish Government passes medicinal cannabis bill without vote
- Cambodia – Prospect for a budding industry
- South Africa on track to Legalize Medical Cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.