The Netherlands Just Did Something to Fight Its Drug Problem That the U.S. Would Never Do
By Eileen Shim
In the past week, Amsterdam has undertaken a citywide campaign to inform people about the white heroin on the market — and to reassure them they can seek medical assistance without fear of police reprisal.
This is in line with Dutch drug law, which prioritizes providing aid over stigmatizing drug use.
“The Dutch approach allows authorities to have a frank dialogue with drug users when new dangers arise, like the fake cocaine,” reports the Washington Post. “Drug users there aren’t thought of as criminals, as in the U.S., but rather as normal people engaging in unhealthy behavior.”
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Students and faculty at Penn State Behrend are doing research on using hemp as an additive to plastic.
- George Clinton: Doctor Funkenstein’s New Prescription (Cannabis)
- Cannabis products heading to Middlemore Hospital
- Cannabis Legislation 2017: We’re Tracking All Legalization Bills
- Cannabis Chapel the perfect site for couple’s Las Vegas ‘weed-ing’
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.