The New York Times Calls for Marijuana Legalization
By THE EDITORIAL BOARD
It took 13 years for the United States to come to its senses and end Prohibition, 13 years in which people kept drinking, otherwise law-abiding citizens became criminals and crime syndicates arose and flourished. It has been more than 40 years since Congress passed the current ban on marijuana, inflicting great harm on society just to prohibit a substance far less dangerous than alcohol.
The federal government should repeal the ban on marijuana.
We reached that conclusion after a great deal of discussion among the members of The Times’s Editorial Board, inspired by a rapidly growing movement among the states to reform marijuana laws.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Eddy Lepp free after long prison term
- Ottawa takes steps to deregulate hemp farming
- Irish Government passes medicinal cannabis bill without vote
- Cambodia – Prospect for a budding industry
- South Africa on track to Legalize Medical Cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.