The Rise of the Stoner Bride
“I never wanted to be drunk on my wedding day.” Jerilyn is a medical marijuana dispensary manager and writer living in Detroit, dreaming of her wedding to her musician true love.”It’s a day I want to remember and feel completely connected to. Marijuana has always been a tool of mine to enhance experiences and memories. I remember the places I got high and how I felt, and what the air smelt like, and what song was playing with what person.” Michigan is one of 23 states that has legalized medical marijuana. And Jerilyn isn’t the only woman dreaming of a wedding that includes weed. Due to shifting attitudes and changing legalities, it seems that it won’t be long until stoner brides will not only be able to take a toke before they walk down the aisle, but serve it to their guests as well. Along with the 23 that have allowed for medical cannabis, four states and the District of Columbia have legalized recreational use.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Students and faculty at Penn State Behrend are doing research on using hemp as an additive to plastic.
- George Clinton: Doctor Funkenstein’s New Prescription (Cannabis)
- Cannabis products heading to Middlemore Hospital
- Cannabis Legislation 2017: We’re Tracking All Legalization Bills
- Cannabis Chapel the perfect site for couple’s Las Vegas ‘weed-ing’
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.