The Rise of the Stoner Bride
“I never wanted to be drunk on my wedding day.” Jerilyn is a medical marijuana dispensary manager and writer living in Detroit, dreaming of her wedding to her musician true love.”It’s a day I want to remember and feel completely connected to. Marijuana has always been a tool of mine to enhance experiences and memories. I remember the places I got high and how I felt, and what the air smelt like, and what song was playing with what person.” Michigan is one of 23 states that has legalized medical marijuana. And Jerilyn isn’t the only woman dreaming of a wedding that includes weed. Due to shifting attitudes and changing legalities, it seems that it won’t be long until stoner brides will not only be able to take a toke before they walk down the aisle, but serve it to their guests as well. Along with the 23 that have allowed for medical cannabis, four states and the District of Columbia have legalized recreational use.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
- Canadian producers working to meet growing overseas demand for ‘superfood’ hemp seeds
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.