These growers know marijuana inside and out
BY JORDAN SCHRADER
The marijuana being sold legally at Washington’s new retail stores is the product of a loving but strict upbringing.
By and large, it comes from plants that sprouted, grew and flowered under bright lights in climate-controlled rooms, every aspect of their cultivation tightly managed.
Count Toni Reita out of all that.
Her grow light is the Eastern Washington sun. Her air conditioning is the breeze drifting in from the Columbia River Gorge a couple of dozen miles south. She’s an Earth mother raising flower children.
“I’m a bit of a risk taker, so I’m going to take my chances with nature,” said Reita, a white-haired herbalist and naturopath who has built homes, imported cars and rescued dogs.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
- Canadian producers working to meet growing overseas demand for ‘superfood’ hemp seeds
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.