These growers know marijuana inside and out
BY JORDAN SCHRADER
The marijuana being sold legally at Washington’s new retail stores is the product of a loving but strict upbringing.
By and large, it comes from plants that sprouted, grew and flowered under bright lights in climate-controlled rooms, every aspect of their cultivation tightly managed.
Count Toni Reita out of all that.
Her grow light is the Eastern Washington sun. Her air conditioning is the breeze drifting in from the Columbia River Gorge a couple of dozen miles south. She’s an Earth mother raising flower children.
“I’m a bit of a risk taker, so I’m going to take my chances with nature,” said Reita, a white-haired herbalist and naturopath who has built homes, imported cars and rescued dogs.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Nevada Athletic Commission considering removing marijuana as a banned substance
- Arkansas medical marijuana commission to allow 32 vendors
- Air Force Loosens Marijuana Restrictions
- Bill Walton wants declassification of marijuana as a Schedule I drug and for President Obama to grant blanket amnesty to offenders so everyone can “move on to the future.”
- D.C. Mayor Says City Won’t Target People Who Smoke Joints At Trump’s Inauguration
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.