Thousands drawn to Vegas green — HempFest, that is
By BEN BOTKIN
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
They came from near and far, converging in Las Vegas for a green-tinged celebration of hemp.
Some had green T-shirts or green socks. Images of marijuana plants were everywhere, on signs and T-shirts for sale.
One said “free my meds” above a picture of a marijuana plant. On the back it said: “We the people. Not the government.”
The occasion was the first Las Vegas HempFest, which unfolded at the Clark County Government Center’s amphitheater.
The upcoming start of the medical marijuana industry in Nevada gave attendees a reason to celebrate. Dispensaries will open, most likely in early 2015, after receiving approval from the state. Clark County and Southern Nevada cities already have approved applications for medical marijuana businesses.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Hemp Eyewear looks to high-end spectacles market
- Treating Your Allergies With Weed
- You can smoke pot in this creative writing class
- MycoBoard Offers an Innovative, Sustainable Solution for Building Products
- Farmers in Italy fight soil contamination with cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.