Tribe Bets on Legal Pot
The Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe, popular with casino gamblers, has legalized recreational pot with plans to become a tourist destination.
Get ready for Little Amsterdam on the Prairie: A Native American tribe that operates a successful casino in eastern South Dakota is about to become the first to enter the legal marijuana business, and if they’re successful other tribes may follow suit.
The Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe’s governing body quietly voted last week to legalize pot for recreational use and welcome tourists 21 and older to consume it on tribal land. Tribal attorney Seth Pearman says the plan is to cultivate an atmosphere similar to Amsterdam, the Dutch capital famous for marijuana-dispensing coffee shops and popular with weed-seeking tourists.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Hemp Eyewear looks to high-end spectacles market
- Treating Your Allergies With Weed
- You can smoke pot in this creative writing class
- MycoBoard Offers an Innovative, Sustainable Solution for Building Products
- Farmers in Italy fight soil contamination with cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.