Tribe Bets on Legal Pot
The Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe, popular with casino gamblers, has legalized recreational pot with plans to become a tourist destination.
Get ready for Little Amsterdam on the Prairie: A Native American tribe that operates a successful casino in eastern South Dakota is about to become the first to enter the legal marijuana business, and if they’re successful other tribes may follow suit.
The Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe’s governing body quietly voted last week to legalize pot for recreational use and welcome tourists 21 and older to consume it on tribal land. Tribal attorney Seth Pearman says the plan is to cultivate an atmosphere similar to Amsterdam, the Dutch capital famous for marijuana-dispensing coffee shops and popular with weed-seeking tourists.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Ottawa takes steps to deregulate hemp farming
- Irish Government passes medicinal cannabis bill without vote
- Cambodia – Prospect for a budding industry
- South Africa on track to Legalize Medical Cannabis
- Puerto Rico Ends Cannabis Drug Testing in Public Sector
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.