University of Mississippi Awarded $68.8 Million for Marijuana Cultivation, Studies
The United States government is buying $68.6 million worth of marijuana from the University of Mississippi. Well, sort of.
On Monday, the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) awarded the contract to the University of Mississippi, which has been the only producer of federal marijuana since 1968 and represents the only source of cannabis allowed for researchers who want to conduct Food and Drug Administration-approved tests on using marijuana for medical purposes..
The money will be used to fund a cannabis research lab at Ole Miss, and to increase cannabis production to at least 30,000 plants.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Eddy Lepp free after long prison term
- Ottawa takes steps to deregulate hemp farming
- Irish Government passes medicinal cannabis bill without vote
- Cambodia – Prospect for a budding industry
- South Africa on track to Legalize Medical Cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.