University of Vermont professors craft first course on medical cannabis
Medical marijuana will be the subject of a new class at the University of Vermont in the spring.
“We’ve been doing this for all kinds of different drugs, so why not for cannabinoids?” said professor Wolfgang Dostmann, Ph.D.
Dostmann and Karen Lounsbury, Ph.D. will co-teach the course Medical Cannabis.
There is limited literature on the subject, so the professors are pulling most of their material from texts written in other countries.
“We really want to make sure students know this is going to be a science course,” Lounsbury said. “It’s going to talk about the underlying biology and physiology of the compounds. That said, it’s going to be taught at a level where any student with a basic science background will be able to understand it and apply it to their current knowledge.”
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Hemp Eyewear looks to high-end spectacles market
- Treating Your Allergies With Weed
- You can smoke pot in this creative writing class
- MycoBoard Offers an Innovative, Sustainable Solution for Building Products
- Farmers in Italy fight soil contamination with cannabis
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.