Voice of Reason – An Interview with Carl Hart
Carl Hart has been called a “truth teller,” and the title could not be more fitting. As associate professor of psychology and psychiatry at Columbia, Hart studies the effects of psychoactive drug use on human subjects, aiming to debunk the myths about these substances that often create more chaos than the drugs themselves. Hart was the first tenured African-American professor in the sciences at Columbia, and won the PEN/E.O. Wilson Literary Science Writing Award in 2014 for his book High Price: A Neuroscientist’s Journey of Self-Discovery That Challenges Everything You Know About Drugs and Society. Hannah Wederquist-Keller sat down with Hart to discuss his next book, his class at Columbia, and the danger of drug hysteria.
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
- Canadian producers working to meet growing overseas demand for ‘superfood’ hemp seeds
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.