When These Clothes Wear Out, You Can Throw Them In Your Compost Bin
Though a lot of clothing is made from natural fibers like cotton, most of it shouldn’t be tossed in a compost heap, thanks to things like dyes, buttons, and polyester tags. But Swiss manufacturer Freitag has designed a new line of clothing that’s safe for your garden or a city’s compost bins.
“It’s really the first 100% biodegradable textile,” says Oliver Brunschwiler from Freitag. “Most companies still have polyester thread in their clothing, but our thread is 100% biodegradable, as are our shirts buttons, which are made out of a nut. On the pants, themetal button can be screwed off and used again.”
One Comment to “When These Clothes Wear Out, You Can Throw Them In Your Compost Bin”
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Ottawa takes steps to deregulate hemp farming
- Irish Government passes medicinal cannabis bill without vote
- Cambodia – Prospect for a budding industry
- South Africa on track to Legalize Medical Cannabis
- Puerto Rico Ends Cannabis Drug Testing in Public Sector
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.