Yucca Valley Town Council urged to reconsider pot ban
By Courtney Vaughn, Hi-Desert Star
Courtney Vaughn, Hi-Desert Star
YUCCA VALLEY — Medical marijuana advocates pleaded with the Town Council Tuesday, Dec. 17, to reopen the Morongo Basin’s only medical marijuana dispensary. California Alternative Medicinal Solutions was the last one standing earlier this month, until a sunset clause kicked in and the dispensary had to close its storefront.
The dispensary was permitted in 2008. The Yucca Valley Town Council voted in 2010 to prohibit dispensaries in town, but allowed CAMS to wind down its operations over a few years.
CAMS was given until December of this year to shut down its operations.
“I’ve been closed now for about 10 days,” CAMS Director Brian Nicholson said. “I see patients everywhere. I have everyone telling me they’re in pain. They’re hurting. I really need you to revisit this. I operated for three years without any issues.”
2 Comments to “Yucca Valley Town Council urged to reconsider pot ban”
Hemp Can Save the Planet
Hemp Can Save the World
- Kanèsis Looks to Bring Hemp Filament to Market for 3D Printing Hemp Drones & Much More
- A third of region’s drivers test ‘false positive’ after roadside swipes
- A Scramble Is On To Save One Of California’s Iconic Medical Pot Collectives
- Oregon Airport OKs Pot on Planes
- Marijuana Banking Bill Introduced
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.