Yucca Valley Town Council urged to reconsider pot ban
By Courtney Vaughn, Hi-Desert Star
Courtney Vaughn, Hi-Desert Star
YUCCA VALLEY — Medical marijuana advocates pleaded with the Town Council Tuesday, Dec. 17, to reopen the Morongo Basin’s only medical marijuana dispensary. California Alternative Medicinal Solutions was the last one standing earlier this month, until a sunset clause kicked in and the dispensary had to close its storefront.
The dispensary was permitted in 2008. The Yucca Valley Town Council voted in 2010 to prohibit dispensaries in town, but allowed CAMS to wind down its operations over a few years.
CAMS was given until December of this year to shut down its operations.
“I’ve been closed now for about 10 days,” CAMS Director Brian Nicholson said. “I see patients everywhere. I have everyone telling me they’re in pain. They’re hurting. I really need you to revisit this. I operated for three years without any issues.”
2 Comments to “Yucca Valley Town Council urged to reconsider pot ban”
Hemp Can Save the Planet
Hemp Can Save the World
- Judge halts Lake County warrantless raids on medical pot patients
- Punishment for Hash Brownie Baker Drops From 10 Years in Prison to Seven Years of Probation
- Eric Holder’s New Civil Rights Chief Is More Evolved On Marijuana Than He Is
- Canna-Pet Will Produce First American-grown Hemp Products
- Green winter clothes: stay warm and save the planet
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.