Eddy Lepp: I Am Serving a 10-Year Mandatory Minimum for Marijuana in Colorado
Photo of The Federal Correctional Institution in Florence, Colorado (FCI Florence)
Oh, the joy and heartbreak of being here in Colorado.
It is somewhat ironic that the Feds would send me here, to the only state that has made sales of marijuana completely legal, not only for its own citizens but also those just passing through.
I am serving a 10-year mandatory minimum sentence for growing marijuana at low or no cost to whoever needed it in Northern California. I grew 30,000 plants out in the open to make sure anyone who needed medical marijuana got it, regardless of whether they could afford it. I am also a Rastafarian minister and using cannabis is part of our spiritual practice, and should be protected by the law. The judge in my case even stated she didn’t think I belonged in prison, but that she had to sentence me to the mandatory minimum.
One Comment to “Eddy Lepp: I Am Serving a 10-Year Mandatory Minimum for Marijuana in Colorado”
Hemp Can Save the Planet
- Micah Nelson, Son of Willie Nelson, Named to Board of Directors for National Hemp Association
- Inside NFL’s Backwards Marijuana Policy
- PHOTOS: We Got Lost In A Hemp Maze Outside Of Nashville
- Slovenia – Doctors and the left urge embracing of medical cannabis
- Canadian producers working to meet growing overseas demand for ‘superfood’ hemp seeds
Help Support JackHerer.com
If you would like to make a donation, thank you.